“to Spread a Passion for the Supremacy of God in All Things by Bringing the Heart of Christ to the Heart of Children for their Joy”
Our primary purpose in life is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. We see God’s love displayed in the person of Jesus, who, despite our spiritual rebellion and failure, became a human being and lived, died, and rose again in order to forgive our sin, adopt us into God’s family, transform our lives, restore the world he loves, and give us joy in him. Jesus placed a high priority on allowing children to enjoy him. The vision for FPCVR Ministry to Children is a reflection of the vision of FPCVR, and it must remain an effort to reflect the glory of Christ in all things.
The vision of FPCVR’s Ministry To Children: to Spread a Passion for the Supremacy of God in All Things by Bringing the Heart of Christ to the Heart of Children for their Joy, is an intentional effort to lead them to place their trust in Christ, grow in their knowledge and love of God, live their lives in grateful response to his grace, acknowledge God’s supremacy in all things, and share their joy in God with others. Our ministry to children, therefore, must be guided by key biblical principles.
- We are convinced that children are a gift from God (Psalm 127.3).
- We believe that God has chosen the family to be the primary context and means for the education and Christian nurture of children.
- The promise of the gospel is to families and through families to our children.
- According to his grace, God has liberally given spiritual gifts to members of his body, the church, in order to perfectly fit us for his work in our particular church, in our time, and in our community.
- The primary responsibility for the Christian education and nurture of children is vested in their parents, but this responsibility extends to the entire Christian community.
Ministry To Children: Events and Opportunities
New schedule as of Sunday, October 4th:
0830-0930 Worship 1 (Parking lot, nursery provided)
0930-1000 Break / Fellowship
1000-1045 Sunday School for all ages (Nursery provided)
1100-1200 Worship 2 (Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, and Live-Stream, nursery provided at church)
Sunday School and Children’s Church:
Nursery during all services is provided, Sunday School is provided in person at 10 AM, and Children’s Church is provided during the 11 AM service.
Great Commission Publications, the Sunday school curriculum that we have used extensively here at First Presbyterian Church, Villa Rica, provided free video lessons for the spring and summer quarters along with a pdf with extra materials for the parent and children. The lessons taught are from the Preschool curriculum, but the hope is that families can gather around and use these lessons for multiple ages for Bible study in your home. Please see below Lessons which includes the various links. At the bottom of the lessons are links to previous Lessons.
Archive of Children’s Lessons
- September 6th, 2020 – God Keeps His Promises, Lesson 11: God Gives David Victory
- August 30th, 2020 – God Keeps His Promises, Lesson 10: God Sets David Apart
- August 23rd, 2020 – God Keeps His Promises, Lesson 9: God Chooses Samuel
- August 16th, 2020 – God Keeps His Promises, Lesson 8: God Preserves Jacob’s Family
- August 9th, 2020 -God Keeps His Promises, Lesson 7: God Is With Joseph
- August 2nd, 2020 – God Keeps His Promises, Lesson 6: God Speaks To Jacob
- July 26th, 2020 – God Keeps His Promises Lesson 5: God Tests Abraham’s Faith
- July 19th, 2020- God Keeps His Promises Lesson 4: God Sends Issac
- July 5th, 2020-God Keeps His Promises Lesson 3: God Calls Abraham
- June 21st, 2020 – Show Me Jesus, God Keeps His Promises Lesson 1: God Gives Adam and Eve a New Son
- June 14th, 2020 – Show Me Jesus, Lesson 12 of 13, Jesus Brings Lazarus Back to Life
- June 7th, 2020 -Show Me Jesus, Lesson 11 of 13, Jesus Gives Life toJairus’ Daughter
- May 31, 2020 – Show Me Jesus, Lesson 10 of 13, Jesus Raises the Widow’s Son
- May 24, 2020 – Show Me Jesus, Lesson 9 of 13, Jesus Cures 10 Lepers
- May 17, 2020 – Show Me Jesus, Lesson 8 of 13, Jesus Sets a Woman Free
- May 10, 2020 Show Me Jesus, Lesson 7, Jesus Gives Sight
- May 3, 2020 Show Me Jesus, Lesson 6
- April 26, 2020 Show Me Jesus, Lesson 5
- April 19, 2020: Show Me Jesus, Lesson 4
- April 12, 2020: Show Me Jesus, Easter Sunday Lesson
- April 5, 2020: Show Me Jesus, Lesson 2
We would love to see new faces! To get on the email list please send us your info by going to our Contact page to request info about FPCVR’s ministries to families with children. Then, check your email each week for info or instructions.