“to Spread a Passion for the Supremacy of God in All Things by Bringing the Heart of Christ to the Heart of Children for their Joy”
Our primary purpose in life is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. We see God’s love displayed in the person of Jesus, who, despite our spiritual rebellion and failure, became a human being and lived, died, and rose again in order to forgive our sin, adopt us into God’s family, transform our lives, restore the world he loves, and give us joy in him. Jesus placed a high priority on allowing children to enjoy him. The vision for FPCVR Ministry to Children is a reflection of the vision of FPCVR, and it must remain an effort to reflect the glory of Christ in all things.
The vision of FPCVR’s Ministry To Children: to Spread a Passion for the Supremacy of God in All Things by Bringing the Heart of Christ to the Heart of Children for their Joy, is an intentional effort to lead them to place their trust in Christ, grow in their knowledge and love of God, live their lives in grateful response to his grace, acknowledge God’s supremacy in all things, and share their joy in God with others. Our ministry to children, therefore, must be guided by key biblical principles.
- We are convinced that children are a gift from God (Psalm 127.3).
- We believe that God has chosen the family to be the primary context and means for the education and Christian nurture of children.
- The promise of the gospel is to families and through families to our children.
- According to his grace, God has liberally given spiritual gifts to members of his body, the church, in order to perfectly fit us for his work in our particular church, in our time, and in our community.
- The primary responsibility for the Christian education and nurture of children is vested in their parents, but this responsibility extends to the entire Christian community.
Ministry To Children: Events and Opportunities
Online Sunday School and Children’s Church: Great Commission Publications, the Sunday school curriculum that we use here at First Presbyterian Church, Villa Rica, is providing free video lessons for the summer quarter along with a pdf with extra materials for the parent and children. The lesson taught is from the Preschool curriculum, but the hope is that the families can gather around and use this lesson for multiple ages. Please see below Lessons which includes the various links. At the bottom of the lesson are links to previous Lessons. A new lesson will be posted here each week.
- July 26th, 2020 – God Keeps His Promises Lesson 5: God Tests Abraham’s Faith
- July 19th, 2020- God Keeps His Promises Lesson 4: God Sends Issac
- July 5th, 2020-God Keeps His Promises Lesson 3: God Calls Abraham
- June 21st, 2020 – Show Me Jesus, God Keeps His Promises Lesson 1: God Gives Adam and Eve a New Son
- June 14th, 2020 – Show Me Jesus, Lesson 12 of 13, Jesus Brings Lazarus Back to Life
- June 7th, 2020 -Show Me Jesus, Lesson 11 of 13, Jesus Gives Life toJairus’ Daughter
- May 31, 2020 – Show Me Jesus, Lesson 10 of 13, Jesus Raises the Widow’s Son
- May 24, 2020 – Show Me Jesus, Lesson 9 of 13, Jesus Cures 10 Lepers
- May 17, 2020 – Show Me Jesus, Lesson 8 of 13, Jesus Sets a Woman Free
- May 10, 2020 Show Me Jesus, Lesson 7, Jesus Gives Sight
- May 3, 2020 Show Me Jesus, Lesson 6
- April 26, 2020 Show Me Jesus, Lesson 5
- April 19, 2020: Show Me Jesus, Lesson 4
- April 12, 2020: Show Me Jesus, Easter Sunday Lesson
- April 5, 2020: Show Me Jesus, Lesson 2
We would love to see new faces! To get on the email list please send us your info by going to our Contact page to request info about FPCVR’s ministries to families with children. Then, check your email each week for info or instructions.