First Presbyterian Church of Villa Rica, GA WIC
Women in the Church (WIC), formerly known and still often referred to as the Women’s Circle or just Circle, is a fellowship of women in the Presbyterian Church of America. The main purpose of the WIC is to provide nurturing fellowship, growth and support to women in the church. In our church, WIC is open to all women including young teens and upward to our most senior women in the Church.
Activities of First Presbyterian Church, VR WIC
- Recognizing High School or College Graduates – WIC serves a special cake, usually during a Fellowship lunch, and presents a book for the graduate,
- First baby & Wedding Showers
- General Meetings – food, fun, and fellowship, discussions to mobilize the women in the church for particular needs. Currently meets 4 times per year
- Chaplain-Devotionals for meetings
- Decorating – for Christmas and other special events throughout the year
- Support the Pastor, Elders, Deacons, & Church committees
- Welcome outreach for new members and regular attendees
- Birthday cards to women in the church.
- Helping Hands – providing organizing of meals and assistance to church families dealing with the loss of a loved one or to an expectant mother who may be confined to bed rest or other extended illness or need situations. This would evolve from receiving a call for a need, then arrangements would be coordinated for Meals to be provided.
- Hospitality- set and clean up for Fellowship luncheons or special meal event
- Annual Love Gift benefiting various PCA ministries
WIC Upcoming Events
Upcoming Events will be posted in the comments section below. Please feel free to comment or ask a question about and event, or contact Donna.
Contact Donna Lisenby for details about any WIC event or issue. Just visit the Contact Page, put “WIC” as your heading, and send her a message. Donna will get back to you as soon as possible.