Dear First Presbyterian Church family,
Show Me Jesus: Lesson 2
Lesson 2: Jesus Calms the Storm
I am praying that this week finds everyone well. Thank you for the privilege of being in your homes.
Part of the reason I chose to do this quarter of lessons above all of the other great quarters of Bible curriculum that GCP offers is for the lesson focus of so many of the lessons. This week the focus is “Jesus teaches us to trust him to take care of us all the time.” In these weeks of craziness I needed to be reminded of this truth and I pray you will find it encouraging as well.
1. Every week, on Thursdays, you will receive an email with links to the following:
- Video teaching of the Bible story families can play from home
- Parent page (PDF) explaining the lesson focus and Scripture memory, giving parents good Bible background to go further with their kids
- Coloring sheet and activities (PDF) that families can do together
2. CLICK HERE to download the master plan for the study series “Jesus Is God.” Your church may have ordered Student Packs for your younger kids, which can be mailed home for your use if you wish to have additional activities.
3. Using this quarter of material, families will be following the life of Jesus to see that he is truly God, exploring stories that will encourage the whole family during this time:
- Jesus calming the storm (good reminder of his power over creation)
- Healing the man at the pool, a blind man, a crippled man (don’t we all need to know Jesus our Healer?)
- Jesus bringing Lazarus back to life (Jesus’ care and mercy for his own)
- And the gospel story—Jesus’ resurrection from the dead (use on Easter)
If you want to catch up with last week’s lesson you can find it here.
Betty Ann Snider
Children’s Ministry Specialist