Dear First Presbyterian Church family,
Lesson 1 of 13: God Gives Adam and Eve a New Son
In these scary and changing times, isn’t it good to know that God ALWAYS keeps his promises? In 13 lessons, families will follow God’s amazing unfolding promises to Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, and David to their fulfillment in Jesus the Savior. Wow, even families who know the Bible well will be encouraged by God’s love and faithfulness to his children in these lessons.
In the first lesson of this new series we learn that Cain murdered his brother Abel. But God, who promised Adam and Eve a Savior, sent Seth, through whose family the Savior would come.
Video teaching of the Bible Story:
Parent page (PDF) explaining the lesson focus and Scripture memory, giving parents good Bible background to go further with their kids:
Coloring Sheets and activities that families can do together:
Master Plan for the study series “Jesus is God”:
Optional Additional Activities:
- God Gives Adam and Eve a New Son
Families are following the life of Jesus to see that he is truly God, exploring stories that encourage the whole family during this time:
- Jesus Brings Lazarus Back To Life
- Jesus Gives Life to Jairus’ Daughter
- Jesus Raises the Widow’s Son
- Jesus cures 10 lepers…
- Jesus calming the storm (good reminder of his power over creation)
- Healing the man at the pool, a blind man, a crippled man (don’t we all need to know Jesus our Healer?)
- Jesus bringing Lazarus back to life (Jesus’ care and mercy for his own)
- And the gospel story—Jesus’ resurrection from the dead
If you want to catch up with the previous weeks’ lessons you can find them here.
Many Thanks To:
Betty Ann Snider
Children’s Ministry Specialist
Great Commission Publications