Dear First Presbyterian Church Family,
We’re hiring! The church is seeking a Children’s Ministry Director; job description is below.
If you have questions about the position and to provide your resume, please email to CAF@firstpresbyterianvr.org.
Resumes are due no later than Friday, 5/15/2020.
We look forward to training up our children together,
-Communication, Administration, and Finance (CAF) + Christian Education Committees
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES
To serve as a staff member within a vibrant congregation, working with a committed staff and gifted lay leadership in order to nurture to children, from birth through 6th grade and their family, in the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, and coordinate workers for Children’s Ministry classes, Vacation Bible School, and all Children’s Ministry events. Works cooperatively with all staff and volunteers.
- Provide a warm, friendly learning environment for children and families.
- Uses appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of FPCVR’s children in curriculum selection, classroom grouping, etc.
- Communicates the needs of the children’s program to the Christian Education Committee.
- Organizes, sets-up and stocks classrooms with necessary supplies.
- Coordinates sanitation and safety protocols for the Children’s Ministry.
- Attends Christian Education Committee meetings and Staﬀ meetings as needed.
- Participates in the Christian Education Committee annual budget estimating process.
- Supervision and Program Support – Christian Education Committee
- Annual Performance Review – Communication, Administration, Finance, and Christian Education Committees
- Has a personal, active and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Energetic, warm and able to share the love of Jesus to children and their families.
- Is comfortable with visiting church families involved in the Children’s Ministry.
- Able to balance work and family.
- Is a member of FPCVR.
- Must satisfactorily pass a background check.
- Desired (but not required) Teaching experience, a OR b:
- 5-7 years’ experience working with children that is applicable to this job, or
- Bachelor’s degree in education with 3 years of teaching experience (Master’s degree is a plus)
- Understand reformed theology, and polity, program and mission of FPCVR
- Seeks opportunities to grow professionally.
Part time, averaging 10 hours per week; some weeks will require more time (i.e. around VBS)