Please do join us! BUT, before you do, please review the Plan to Resume on the Free to Worship Page and complete the questionnaire at the bottom. If you have a question or comment, please go to the Free to Worship Page and respond to the questionnaire. We will get back to you as quickly as we can!
NEW Sunday Schedule:
0830-0930 Worship 1 (Parking lot)
0930-1000 Break / Fellowship
1000-1045 Sunday School
1100-1200 Worship 2 Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, and Live Stream
- Sunday First Worship Service: 0830-0930 AM Parking lot “Tailgate” service. Bring your own chairs. (Moved inside if inclement weather and moving inside for the winter on October 25th)
- Break for Fellowship: 0930-1000 AM
- Sunday School for all ages: 10 AM to 10:45 AM
- Break for Fellowship: 10:45 – 11 AM
- Sunday Second Worship Service: 11 AM Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, and Live-Stream Online Bulletin and live video stream of the service with recording for later viewing for those who have a health risk and need to stay home. Go to the Online Bulletin and Sermons page to view live stream beginning at 11 AM this Sunday, or to access past services.
- Service includes seating options in both the sanctuary and the Fellowship Hall
- Small Groups, various days and times:
- Whittle/Dickinson Group: please check the online bulletin for this week to find meeting place and time
- Mitchell/Forlaw Group: please check the online bulletin for this week to find meeting place and time
- Sunday, 6 to 7:30 PM: Youth Group in the church gym, led by Josh and Kelsey Whittle (Cancelled until safety allows a re-start)
- Wednesday, 6:30 to 7:30 PM: House of Prayer for All Nations meeting online through zoom.(Email for links).
WIC: Women’s Precepts Bible Study: The women’s Bible resumed Wednesday, September 2nd at 10 am. They are finishing Ezekiel. If anyone is interested in joining, please contact the church office for more information.
Dear Believers of First Pres. Villa Rica,
After almost six months of suspending in-person Sunday morning activities with the exception of Worship, we are excited to announce the resumption of both infant and toddler nurseries beginning September 20th (both services), and the resumption of all Sunday morning activities beginning October 4th. Both morning Worship services will be maintained, with a shift in start time of both services to accommodate Sunday School (for all ages) and fellowship time. Children’s Church will also be offered during the 11 AM service.
We make this decision following our nation’s efforts to return to normalcy but not with disregard to the continued threat COVID-19 is to us. Please know that procedures will be in place to ensure the safety and health of all.
New schedule as of Sunday, October 4th:
0830-0930 Worship 1 (Parking lot) This ‘Tailgate Service’ will move inside if there is inclement weather, and inside beginning October 25th for the winter.
0930-1000 Break / Fellowship Please join us for this important time of fellowship for all.
1000-1045 Sunday School for all Ages
1100-1200 Worship 2 (Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, and Live-stream)
We thank the Lord for His faithfulness to us and for His hand of protection. Thank you for your support, encouragement and love for each other during these challenging times. Special thanks to Jeannie Forlaw for her work in her new role as Children’s Ministry Director and for the coordination of both the Children’s Education and Worship Committees in putting together our resumption plan.
May we continue to labor together in love for the sake of the gospel and God’s kingdom,
As we approach our kick off date of October 4th for Sunday School and Children’s Church, I would like to
announce the following needs.
- A Sunday School teacher for our 3-4 year olds. Our new Sunday School time will be 10:00-10:45.
- Volunteers for Children’s Church for the 8:30 and 11:00 Services. This program is led by a two person team,
preferably husband and wife. You may sign up for either service for one month. If you sign up to serve during
the 8:30 service, you are free to attend the 11:00 service, and vice versa.
Please prayerfully consider being a part of these rewarding ministries of our church. Please send an email the church office or to Jeannie to sign up.
Children’s Ministry Director
Monthly, Quarterly, and Special Events
For these upcoming and Special Events, please go to the Events Page (CLICK HERE)
- Special Access Mission Love Offering is extended through the month of September. Please give to support this important mission. Gifts will offset deployment expenses.
- September Wednesdays: The women’s weekly Bible study resumed Wednesday, September 2nd at 10 am. They are finishing Ezekiel. If anyone is interested in joining, please contact the church office for more information.
- September 13th: Starting September 13th following the 10:45am service, there will be an Inquirers Class for those interested in learning more about the church or joining the church. WIC will be providing a light lunch.
- Take them a Meal: special opportunities to serve our members who may be in need of meal support due to funerals, births, sicknesses, etc.
- Baby Showers: For members who are expecting new additions to the family.
- Youth Group: Alternating weeks, Sunday 12:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall, lunch provided. (Cancelled until safety allows a re-start.)
- WIC Quarterly Meeting Contact the Church Office for Details
- Session and Diaconate monthly meeting: Last Tuesday of each month, physically distanced in the Fellowship Hall.
- Missions and Outreach Committee monthly meeting resumes, 3rd Thursday of each month beginning 10-15-20.
Continue to pray and encourage one another.
11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11